Re: [gundam] Gundam Convention

Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 16:45:06 -0400

>> Why not? If he's forced to make titles which he felt was pure pain, I
>> don't see why he should force his ideas to the fans. It is just a
rumor,
>> but working on some of the later UC shows he's done made him think of
>> commiting suicide.
>
>Tomino got that upset? Was he forced to continue to design and make Gundam
>stuff other peoples way? I feel sorry for Tomino, but couldn't he have said
>"No, I want to do Gundam my way" and then do it his way?
>
>Aaron

Unfortunately it happens all the time in the creative world, Tomino said in
one of his interviews that Gundam is holding him back. It happens here in
the states when authors sell lots of one type of book, or genre, many times
their publishers won't even look at a book a Best-selling Author has written
because it isn't in their usual genre, or have the characters they are
famous
for. Tomino said he can work on Gundam, but can't get a lot of work on other
projects, which to look at his other works is sad because he had lots of
other
potential.

Paul