Re: [gundam] MG Gundams are coming to America, Read on!!

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:47:24 -0700 (MST)

> > that I just want to build again. For example, the 0080 GMs, I LOVE those
> > little guys!
> heheh, snipers commandos and arctics oh my!

  You bet yer V-Fin! I got a resin GM-N head that I'm dying to retrofit to
one of those old GMs (Need a drill though) and I've been thinking about
grafting a Jegan head onto one for ages! Not to mention all the obvious
conversions as well!

> > But who cares about Unit #3? I mean, you hardly even _see_ the whole
> hey now wait just a darn minute! I care about unit three! it's the damned
> coolest gundam design ever! (At least, I think it is, and yes I have seen the Nu

  I think it's definately a cool design (better than unit #1 that's for
sure!) EXCEPT for those damned feathery coat-tails it has! They look
totally tacked on and are styled as if they were designed by someone else!

> Gundam). And sure it doesn't really get much airtime, but just look: Unit 1,
> Unit 1 full vernian, Unit 2... What's next? Besides, you know I'm probably not
> the only american fan who would want all four kits!

  Yea yeah, but if they do GP-03, then they've gots ta do the Gerbera
Tetra, and I don't see Bandai doing that bad boy any time soon. (The 1/144
GT ain't half bad BTW.)

> > get a retro-70s MG "Accguy" before we get any of the kick-butt 0083
> > designs.
> honestly, if they're going to release some of these kits in the US, I'm positive
> that 0083 would be a great starting point. I wouldn't put it past them to have a

  Oh, it definately would... but that's for the US market. Who knows
whether the Japanese market cares that much about the 0083 designs?
  (Honestly, I think the Japanese market _does_ want the 0083s just as
much as we do, those designs always score high in model-wishlist polls...
so why is Bandai dragging its feet and producing endless 1YW rehashes? Is
it because B-Club makes alot of money selling its 0083 resin kits?)

> like I said above, I really think they're gonna start off with 0083... with four
> MG gundam kits, the ones I mentioned above. Probably unit 1 and 2 first, then
> the full vernian, then unit three, if it happens. (and like I said, I REALLY

  Problem is, those MGs are among the most complex and detailed ones by
Bandai to date... it's gonna be a BIG investment for them.
  No, my bet is that the first thing Bandai will try and do is unload the
early MG Gundam/Zaku Crystal kits in the US, and everything else that
doesn't sell well in Japan!
                                                                -Probe