Re: [gundam] MG Gundams are coming to America, Read on!!

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:25:09 -0400

> Right..
> If they come out in the US I will simply go back and buy all the MS I
> really liked, or wanted to paint differently, or screwed up years ago, or
> that I just want to build again. For example, the 0080 GMs, I LOVE those
> little guys!

heheh, snipers commandos and arctics oh my!

> But who cares about Unit #3? I mean, you hardly even _see_ the whole
> mecha until the very last minutes of the very last episode! It probably
> wins the prize for the "Gundam design with the least airtime"

hey now wait just a darn minute! I care about unit three! it's the damned
coolest gundam design ever! (At least, I think it is, and yes I have seen the Nu
Gundam). And sure it doesn't really get much airtime, but just look: Unit 1,
Unit 1 full vernian, Unit 2... What's next? Besides, you know I'm probably not
the only american fan who would want all four kits!

> New GM variants, hell, ANY 0083-styled upgraded designs would HIT THE
> SPOT. So we can be sure that Bandai won't do it. Nah, we're more likely to
> get a retro-70s MG "Accguy" before we get any of the kick-butt 0083
> designs.
>
> -Probe

honestly, if they're going to release some of these kits in the US, I'm positive
that 0083 would be a great starting point. I wouldn't put it past them to have a
couple of variants available at release, at least. (Besides, variants are easier
to make than new kits, right?)

> But like any good thing that catches on from another country, will they decide
> to water down or change any future series to accommodate the North American
> consumer? Think Robotech/Macross. Will we see Keanu as Char spewing forth
lines
> like "Lick my nagatina... DUDE!" Or will they stick to what's been working for
> them.

I don't think they will, not if they keep to what anime village has done so far.

> In regard to the MG kits. Which do you think they will release first? The two
> MG's from the 0083? Or the MG kit's from the original series? Kinda makes
sense
> to release kits from these series knowing that the videos are available for
> them.
>
> Marcel

like I said above, I really think they're gonna start off with 0083... with four
MG gundam kits, the ones I mentioned above. Probably unit 1 and 2 first, then
the full vernian, then unit three, if it happens. (and like I said, I REALLY
want it to happen, and I know I'm not the only one.)

Matt "the voice of flawed logic" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"The more you know, the less you understand." - Tao te Ching