Re: [gundam] My thoughts on Turn A Gundam

Egan Loo (eganloo@anime.net)
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 00:54:37 -0700

At 3:37 PM -0700 99.4.8, Prabal Nandy wrote:
> And this is exactly what Egan Loo said: We're more interested in the
>1YW-type cataclysm than the aftermath! After all, this is one of those
>things that doomed X-Gundam!

I did preface my words by saying that I myself might not be interested
another War To End All Wars XVII story. ^^;

I think Tomino did a grand job already with the first Gundam, so I won't
begrudge the man at all if he wants to explore new directions. In fact, I
rather he did just that. Given his track record, he seems to do best when
he creates something different, rather than try to recreate the magic or outdo
something previous.

[Speaking of Tomino trying to outdo something previous, I'm still pondering
the ending of Brainpowerd, now that it's finished on the Japanese home
video. Mark, what's your final take on it, positive or negative?]

Egan Loo
eganloo@anime.net