Re: [gundam] The Gundam

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 18:50:35 -0700

At 21:14 4/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
> I think the Japanese are simply more _used_ to things like that... and
>frankly, so are we. Remember the "Buck Rogers in the 24th century",

Buck Rogers was in the 25th Century. (Originally 2419, amended to 2429
when the comic strip started and, most recently, built all the way up to 2456)

Star Trek: The Next Generation is in the 24th Century, the actual year
obscured by the Star Date convention.

Turn A Gundam, if Tomino goes Domini, is in the 22nd Century.

But my favorite is still "Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century"....

-Z-