Re: [gundam] MG Gundams are coming to America, Read on!!

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:45:21 -0700 (MST)

> it - I mean, I LIKE importing the models from japan, I like having the
> instructions in japanese (even tho I can't read it yet), and like I said a while

  What I'll bet they do is what they did with the Dougram kits. Original
Japanese instruction booklet plus a plain B&W fold-out sheet with the same
pictures, but the model-building instructions (only) in english.

> again. Tho I do admit that if I want to build a squadron of Zeon suits it'd be
> cheaper for me to go down to my local hobby store and pay 25 bucks for a gelgoog
> than 50 at an import store, and faster than ordering from HLJ.

  Right..
  If they come out in the US I will simply go back and buy all the MS I
really liked, or wanted to paint differently, or screwed up years ago, or
that I just want to build again. For example, the 0080 GMs, I LOVE those
little guys!

> I think this _could_ be an announcement of a pending unit three MG kit, among a

  Naaaah.

> newtype stuff but 0083 is a great mini series without it) - they're missing out
> on Unit Three, and it would be a great way to start the line off in the US.

  But who cares about Unit #3? I mean, you hardly even _see_ the whole
mecha until the very last minutes of the very last episode! It probably
wins the prize for the "Gundam design with the least airtime"

> gelgoog marine (that'd be SWEET!), maybe some GM color variations or customize
> packs (armor / backpack for the powered GM, different weapons, so on), maybe

  New GM variants, hell, ANY 0083-styled upgraded designs would HIT THE
SPOT. So we can be sure that Bandai won't do it. Nah, we're more likely to
get a retro-70s MG "Accguy" before we get any of the kick-butt 0083
designs.

                                                                -Probe