Re: [gundam] MG Gundams are coming to America, Read on!!

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:43:13 -0400

<news snipped>
> This is great news for me! The price is what worries me, I hope they chagre
> what they cost in yen, but converted to American dollars.
>
> Aaron

While I want to say that I think this is good news, I'm not sure how to receive
it - I mean, I LIKE importing the models from japan, I like having the
instructions in japanese (even tho I can't read it yet), and like I said a while
ago, a lot of people who have the imports most likely won't be buying them
again. Tho I do admit that if I want to build a squadron of Zeon suits it'd be
cheaper for me to go down to my local hobby store and pay 25 bucks for a gelgoog
than 50 at an import store, and faster than ordering from HLJ.

Still, this gives me some hope: of the gundam videos released in the US, well,
that's a bad way to start the sentence, let me try again:

I think this _could_ be an announcement of a pending unit three MG kit, among a
couple of others. I mean, of all the ones in Gundam 0083 - and of what's
available, I'm sure 0083 will appeal most to "newbies" to the series, as it is
hard sci-fi, not a lot of that newtype stuff (don't get me wrong, I like the
newtype stuff but 0083 is a great mini series without it) - they're missing out
on Unit Three, and it would be a great way to start the line off in the US.
(plus they gotta release an MG kit of him! they just gotta!)

Who knows? Perhaps this summer we'll hear about some new kits: unit three, a
gelgoog marine (that'd be SWEET!), maybe some GM color variations or customize
packs (armor / backpack for the powered GM, different weapons, so on), maybe
even a Guncannon, and that would be sweet! Or a couple of others... hey, a guy
can dream, can't he? sigh.

Matt "the voice of flawed logic" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"The more you know, the less you understand." - Tao te Ching