Re: [gundam] My thoughts on Turn A Gundam

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 15:37:51 -0700 (MST)

> The picture of the Turn A Gundam model kit someone posted wasn't that bad. I
> actually sorta like the Turn A Gundam. Yeah, I know I complained about it,

  Bleauch... Too art-deco. Hell, take one of them new droids from SW:TPM
and it would make a better Gundam!

> what happened to and caused Earth to revert to 19th Century Technology. I

  I dunno... colony drops maybe?

> mean, I know I would, because Earth doesn't all of a sudden revert to the
> 19th Century over night. A huge natural disaster, one huge war to end all

  Nope... it probably started in "The stone age" and worked itself up!

> out that there was a huge War to End All Wars, wouldn't we naturally want a
> show or movie that tells how this war started, that shows/tells about the
> war, and that shows/tells about the end of the war? I know I would. Tomino

  Yep!
  And this is exactly what Egan Loo said: We're more interested in the
1YW-type cataclysm than the aftermath! After all, this is one of those
things that doomed X-Gundam!
                                                                -Probe