Re: [gundam] Zeon ID

Djallel Zouita (scirocco@gundam.com)
Thu, 08 Apr 1999 18:45:32 +0200

MS06ZAK@aol.com wrote:

> Siege is fighting a war by cutting off your enemy's supply lines and starving
> them out. Sieg means hail (or something like that). Everywhere I have seen
> it mentioned it has been Sieg. I could be wrong though. Anyone else?
> Jason

In fact, it's SIEG Zeon , and that's one of those things that pretty
much started all that Germanic aspect of Zeon Dukedom (along with that
sentence about Giren being Hitler's tail): it's a reference to a nazi
salute which was "Sieg Heil". Sieg itself only means "victory" in
German. So basically, Sieg Heil meant hail for those guys.
I guess if you used that Zion romanization, that would make the sentence
sound all the more ambiguous.
And yes, that's one of those things that make me uncomfortable with that
whole Zeon adoration among Gundam fans..