Re: [gundam][OT] The Matrix the deep philosophical debate!

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 22:43:11 -0400

> I haven't heard that, about the influence. Did "Mage: The Ascension" take
> place in cyberspace? I read sci-fi novels with closer ties to "The Matrix"
> than the videogame you describe.
>
> Alfred.

I'm familiar with Mage and other White-Wolf Games (white wolf is the games
company that releases them / creates them) and, while I haven't seen "the
matrix" yet, I'd like to say yes, there is a group of mages called the "virtual
Adepts" or something along those lines who believe cyberspace is the next
reality, so to speak. Personally, I don't like Virtual Reality in that aspect -
I don't view technology as a type of "savior", merely a tool.

Don't spoil the film for me, though... I'm gonna see it this weekend.

Matt "the voice of flawed logic" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"The more you know, the less you understand." - Tao te Ching