[gundam][OT] The Matrix the deep philosophical debate!

Michael Garner (msg@cgocable.net)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 20:25:38 -0400

>About NeoType: Now this is a point that can (almost) be debated. There
>were at least two or three clear distinct things that Neo could do that
>Morpheus, Trinity etc could not do. These things NewType cannot do
>either, because there's not a single hint of any smell of any notion of
>the cyberpunk world in the Gundam universe!
>
>It's fine and good to compare Matrix to Blade Runner, 12 Monkeys,
>Truman Show, Total Recall, Naked Lunch, Ghost in the Shell, but Gundam?

Have any of you ever played or heard of the RPG called Mage: The Ascension.
The movie was directly influenced from it. Just with a few things changed.
The basic concept is a bunch of mages fighting for control of reality (In
our time). Mages are awakened humans who realize that reality can do there
bidding. Thus with enough power, they can make reality do whatever they
wish. Stop bullets in mid air, speed themselves up, turn someone into
light energy. What does this really have to do with the topic? Well
essentially it is a far cry from Gundam, since the supernatural element is
far weaker in Gundam. That and I just thought it might be cool to point out
the Matrix's concept. Sorry about the OT.