[gundam] The Matrix the deep philosophical debate!

Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:42:57 -0400 (EDT)

Oops, I deleted the msgs before I reply them... anyway don't want to drag
it out. 1. we are getting too close to spoiling this good movie for many
people, 2. the Matrix is not a brainly movie, not exactly worth this kind
of debate. If you think you understand something I don't, maybe you are
right! But just two little response.

Agent Smith's "personality": I am not talking about his technical ability
as sentinel or his limitations to the laws of the Matrix. I am talking
about if I were the director/writer (fat chance, boy!) I would maintain
his coolness through that scene facing Morpheus. I think Smith is one of
the best villians in recent memories, because he's an arrogant SOB, but
not a lunatic. In fact I would stand him firmly on the side of calm
reason. And have Morpheus and his paranoid gang fighting irrationally for
freedom and misery.

It's a purely artistic personal preference of mine, not something that can
be debated. I accepted you point of view in my first reply, can't you
accept mine?

About NeoType: Now this is a point that can (almost) be debated. There
were at least two or three clear distinct things that Neo could do that
Morpheus, Trinity etc could not do. These things NewType cannot do
either, because there's not a single hint of any smell of any notion of
the cyberpunk world in the Gundam universe!

It's fine and good to compare Matrix to Blade Runner, 12 Monkeys,
Truman Show, Total Recall, Naked Lunch, Ghost in the Shell, but Gundam?

Anyway, I won't add to this debate, you can have the last word.

Speaking of Naked Lunch, eXistenZ is gonna be a dandy! I am banking on it
being better than The Matrix.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble