Re: [gundam] OT: Souther Cross models

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:32:46 -0400

> There was a transforming Hover Tank toy, distributed by Matchbox in 1986,
> to the same scale as their Robotech action figures. I've got my Dana
> Sterling action figure piloting her Hover Tank in Tank mode -- or, if you
> prefer, my Jeanne Fránçaix action figure piloting her ATAC 01-SCA in
> Hovertank mode -- over on the non-Gundam table, between the VF-1S Super
> Valkyrie (marketed by Hasbro as an Autobot Transformer Jet-Fire) and the
> Gakken AFC-01Z Legioss (VAF-6J Alpha Fighter). I picked all of them up for
> cheap at Toys 'R' Us circa 1989....
>
> -Z-

ah I would sell my soul to go back ten or eleven years with a couple hundred
bucks (of old-school US currency) in my pocket. In the meantime, I'll settle for
what I can get my hands on.. and I think I talked myself into ordering the YF-19
and 21 perfect variable kits, despite the fact that I can neither afford them
nor assemble them. Dammit, why does all this stuff have to be so COOL but so
unavailable?

And yes, I hold that the YF-19 is the coolest looking mecha EVER, period.

Matt "the voice of flawed logic" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"The more you know, the less you understand." - Tao te Ching