Re: [gundam] The Matrix

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:05:48 -0700

Ranma writes,

>In the movie, the human resistance against the AI's are called the "Zion".
>I'd just thought that was weird.

  More to the point, their secret headquarters is called Zion - clearly a
reference to the Judaiac homeland (from whence comes the term "Zionism").

>And if you haven't seen it, you should!
>Definitly going to win best special effects next year, hands down.

  I'll second that. Great story too, if somewhat overshadowed by some
spectacularly creepy revelations midway through the movie. More than that I
will not say...

-- Mark