Re: [gundam] Secret Missions of the One Year War

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:25:24 -0700

Paul Fields writes,

>Well, I was built on Augusta base, and somehow it got
>to a remote location in the arctic circle

  The timeline says the Alex was _developed_ at Augusta, at least
initially, but final assembly and testing might have been conducted
elsewhere. There's also the question of where the Augusta base is - Z
Gundam indicates that the Augusta Newtype Labs are in Oakland, but that
would have been enemy territory during the war.

  Given that the Federation launches one of the two prongs of its North
American offensive from Alaska, there might be an as-yet-unseen base in
that area, of which the arctic base we see in 0080 could be a satellite.
The "Augusta Base" mentioned in the timeline could also be hereabouts, with
the Oakland facility seen in Z Gundam being a branch office in formerly
Zeon-occupied territory.

  That's all sheer speculation, though...

-- Mark