Re: [gundam] Synapse' fate ?

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:44:20 -0700

Shane writes,

>What happened to Eiphar Synapse after the colony drop ? I know he was
>sentenced to death but was he actually executed ?

  No idea. The only place we're even told he was sentenced to die is in the
Shindosha timeline. I was talking about this with some friends the other
day, and we concluded that his capital crime was, in short, "Not appearing
in Z Gundam." :-)

>I've got most of the 0083 Viz comics, but were any of the other series done
>in the same way ?

  Nope. The only other Gundam comics released in English are the Blue
Destiny comic being serialized in MixxZine, and the Gundam 0079 comic now
being released by Viz.

>I never
>knew that the phrase "UNT Spacy" was disowned by Sunrise - why was that ?

  The stated reason was that it gives the impression that Earth Federation
= United Nations. Since the Federation is a single world nation, not a
UN-style alliance of independent nations, Sunrise decided to disown the
term (which was borrowed from Macross in the first place).

>Oh, shameless plug: I've finally updated my Gundam Imperium site with some
>new designs: The GM Commander, Heavy Armour GM, Jidora and Dega-Berguss -
>lemme know what you think guys :)

  Cool! I'll go scope out the new additions.

-- Mark