Re: [gundam] Gundam Convention

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:04:19 -0400

> Last two pictures are GKs. I'm guessing 1st one is RX-178 Mk-II Katoki
> version, and the other is Big Zam Katoki version. I believe they were
> both on sale (heck, Big Zam came out at the end of last month).

GK is a garage kit, right? Geez, I wouldn't mind a Katoki-ized RX-178 MG kit.
That'd be nice. (of course, so would a gelgoog marine, a Dom Tropen, unit
three...)

speaking of Dom Tropens, were they enhanced Rick Doms? And what's the difference
between a Rick Dom and a Dom? (or is it just a different name?)

> 2nd set of picture is 2m tall Turn-A Gundam, obviously.

I'd also like to say - in that lighting, the Turn-A doesn't look all that bad.
If you focus on the "moustache" then it sorta does, but overall I don't think
its too bad of a design.

> Next up are picture of 1/1 Amuro and the hand of Gundam (and obviously,
> not for sale)

You know, if they've already built the hand, why not just do a 1/1 scale gundam?
Use metal parts, throw in a reactor and some advanced mechanics... you guys see
where I'm getting with this? (gawd, I never imagined it was THAT big, but now
that I see it in comparison, well...)

Matt "the voice of flawed logic" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"The more you know, the less you understand." - Tao te Ching