Re: [gundam] Best battleship at its time?

Mark Nguyen (mnguyen@hotmail.com)
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 09:57:35 PDT

> They also had a heavy-launch facility of some kind which leads one
>wonder: What the HELL was that base FOR in the first place? An obvious
>answer would be "To launch payloads into polar LEO", though, with
fusion
>power in the UC era, this is rather unecessary. Could this be one of
those
>mythical bases where our huddled masses yearning to be free were
launched
>into space? Could this base be a relic of an earlier era, put
temporarily
>back into service during the war? Or could there have been some other
>serious stuff going on there that we never hear about?

Quite possibly... Although as a launch site with just one pad, ir
doesn't seem to likely as one of the "exodus" launch sites. They'd most
logically be placed on the equator anyway, since most of the side
locations are in the plane of hte ecliptic, right?

I'd opt for a secret military base that's been around for a while, and
which needs a launch pad for the occaisional spy satellite or secret MS
smuggling operation.

Mark-II