Re: [gundam] Turn-A & UC

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 09:32:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Paul Fields wrote:

> The only reason to put UC mechs into Turn-My-Stomach-Gundam
> is to sell toys, and MAYBE get some of the older gen viewers to
> watch it.

I beg to differ. By that logic, Capule would be one of the last MS to be
picked to be appear in Turn-A Gundam.

Do you really think one of the most bizzarre looking MS from one of the
least popular UC series are picked to sell toys? IIRC, Capule didn't even
get 1/144 kit treatment. And I doubt not too many older fans will watch
the show just to see Capule.

> Battletech does lots of stuff with the lost technology genre
> of science fiction, what good would the RX-78-3 do them without
> Amuro's magic book telling them how to work everything. Except
> of course the Learning Computer already knows how to do
> everything.

??? I'm not following you.

Why does Battletech has anything to do with RX-78-3? And Learning
Computer doesn't know how to do everything. It isn't "ALICE", you know.

Kota