Re: [gundam] Turn-A & UC

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 02:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, Prabal Nandy wrote:

> > Remember earlier, Tomino made a comment saying that "Turn-A Gundam will
> > acknowledge all the gundam"?
> > Well, the first MS to be excavated from UC is revealed:
> > Out of all the possible MS, AMX-109 Capule.
>
> 'Excavated'? Are you serious? Are you trying to say that Turn-A IS _UC_,
> just so far into the future that they've completely forgotten all MS
> technology and they are just now literally digging up fossil mecha from
> ZZ-Gundam? And what a BIZZARE mech to bring back! I mean, that was a funky
> Haro-with-legs wacked out ocean mecha! Who's gonna recognized that but the
> old gundam fans (who won't be watching Turn-A-Stomach-Gordam).

Well, there was a rumor that Turn-A Gundam itself is originated from
either UC or AC universe... Someone commented that it'll be funny if they
dug up Gundam Spiegel.

I believe what Tomino said about the show was "this is one of the
possibility of the future". MS technology is forgotten from people on
earth, although Moon Race obviously remembers them.

I guess it's kinda similar to the first Empire in "Foundation". They used
the technology, but they've forgotten how they worked, or
developing new technology from it.

Kota