[gundam] Gundam Convention

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 01:07:55 -0400 (EDT)

One guy who went to "Gundam Convention" put up few pictures on the web.
Here's the URL:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-PaloAlto/3620/gcon.html

For those who can't read Japanese.

1st picture is the entrance pass. You may able to see Zeon insignia and
Fed insignia on both of them?

2nd set of picture is 2m tall Turn-A Gundam, obviously.

Next up are picture of 1/1 Amuro and the hand of Gundam (and obviously,
not for sale)

Next few are the pictures from interviews and commentary. Pro modelers,
voice actors, and Tomino & Syd Mead.

Rest is pretty much self explanetory. 1/144 Turn-A Gundam, MG MS-05B both
versions, Chogokin RX-78 we were talking about a while ago.

Last two pictures are GKs. I'm guessing 1st one is RX-178 Mk-II Katoki
version, and the other is Big Zam Katoki version. I believe they were
both on sale (heck, Big Zam came out at the end of last month).

Oh, what is "Gundam Convention" you say? It was supposed to be a
"birthday party for Gundam" kinda deal. But the feedback wasn't too good.
They placed way too much emphasis on merchandise. I believe the screening
of episode 11 of 08th Team took place as well.

Kota