RE: [gundam] Best battleship at its time?

Y. Choe (choey@usa.net)
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 18:34:22 -0700

> The Salamis has 5 times more missiles than the Musai? That's a surprise!
> It really IS a good ship then! Yes, and Fed designs seem to always be more
> compact and better protected than the Zeon spacecraft... Unfortunately,
> the bridges always seemed rigged with explosives. (Growl).

Hey, all them missiles gotta go somewhere, with all them fancy stuff that
the Fed's Salamis carry. I guess they just blooming ran out of room...

Designer 1: "Hey... We need to stow like 500 missals in them ships, but we
don't have any room left!"
Designer 2: "What? What about that space right there? (points to the
schematic) There's plenty of room there!"
Designer 1: "Wait! That's the bridge! We can't do that!"
Designer 2: "Look, what are the chances of a weapon hitting the bridge
precisely? Huh? Not unless the enemy got some huge humanoid machines,
let's call them mobile suits, with mobility to place themselves right on the
bridge. It's okay. No one's gonna hit the bridge with mere ship based
weapons!"
Designer 1: "Well, I suppose you have a point. Okay, we'll put the most
explosive ones on the top, right below the bridge!"
Designer 2: "That's the thinking!"

We're they on crack, much like the guy who designed Zakrello?

Y. "Don't kick near the bridge" Choe