Re: [gundam] More 0083 Observations

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 01:30:31 -0800

Rodrick Su writes,

>At the beganning of episode 1, during the Battle of A Bao A Qu, when Delaz
>talk Gato out of going out on a Dom Tropen, he mentioned that Gato's home
>ship Doros has been destroyed. Wasn't Doros the extra large MS carrier
>which Giren comissioned that went operational just before the final battle.

  Close; Gato was stationed aboard the Doroa, the Doros's sister ship.
Both carriers were destroyed at A Bao A Qu.

>Also, in terms of factions, Gato, by his nickname would have been
stationed at
>Solomon for the most part of the OYW, and getting transfered for the Gelgoog
>test piloting stint. Since he missed the battle of Solomon, he would have to
>settled for action at A Bao A Qu.

  That's my supposition, but it's not an official factoid. Many writers
insist that Gato fought at Solomon as well, using either a Gelgoog or a
Rick Dom (depends who's making the claim).

>But under whose command would he be? During the test piloting stint, he would
>be in Kishiria's Mobile Assult Force.

  Maybe, maybe not. All the known Gelgoog test pilots are drawn from
forces under Kishiria's command, either the Mobile Assault Force or the
Earth Attack Force. But that doesn't mean _all_ of them were; perhaps the
test pilots were drawn from multiple services. After all, the fact that
the Gelgoog was mass-produced at A Bao A Qu rather than Kishiria's
Granada base implies that at some point the projct was taken out of her
hands...

>But I simply cannot see Giren giving Kishiria the Doros, and not keep it
withi
>the Home Fleet, which he directly control. Delaz would be in the Home
Fleet as
>well, since his direct commander in Chief is Giren.

  Right, Delaz is attached to the Home Defense Corps, directly under
Giren. Gato, as you'd infer from his nickname, was stationed at Solomon
and thus reported to Dozul's Space Attack Force. I'm not sure whether the
Doroa was a surviving part of the Solomon garrison, or whether Gato
"adopted" it when he got to A Bao A Qu.

>Other observations: Maharaja Khan, the founder of Axis, would most likely to
>be in Space Attack Force under the command of Dozul Zabi. Could this
have been
>the cause of the rift between Axis and Delaz?

  Quite possibly... Delaz is fighting in Giren's name, while the Axis
support a line of succession via Dozul to Mineva.

>And of course, everybody's bad girl Cima would most likely to be
>in Mobile Assult Force.

  Maybe, maybe not. She has production-model Gelgoogs, manufactured at A
Bao A Qu. The CD drama "Mayfly of Space" has her reporting to Captain
Asakura, one of Giren's flunkies. And she specialized in dirty tricks and
secret operations. All in all, I'm inclined to think she reported to
Giren. This might help explain why Delaz was so eager to trust her -
would he really give one of Kishiria's underlings the benefit of the doubt?

-- Mark