Re: [gundam] Civilian Space Travel

Chaos025@aol.com
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 19:15:04 EST

In a message dated 4/2/99 5:02:57 PM Mountain Standard Time,
nandy@U.Arizona.EDU writes:

> I used to believe that, but there are certain things that simply cannot
> be achieved with current theory and technology.

Like what?

> If that was _really_ true how come we're still no closer to a cure for
> AIDs or, say, Cancer than we were 10 years ago? There are some things
> money can't buy, for everything else, there's....

This may sound cynical, but do the governments of the world really want a
cure for AIDS? A long term disease, with no know cure, can be a very handy
form of population control. As a biological warfare agent, it leaves much to
be desired, but as a nice, neat global killer, it could indeed go the
distance. You have to ask yourself whether or not a cure is wanted over an
inoculation.

And thank you for the Hall-Effect drive article. I feel some ideas
developing...

SJ