Re: [gundam] WOT: Patlabor

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 16:54:53 -0700 (MST)

> Ah, but as it has been so accurately put before, Patlabor's universe
> operates under the notion that its robots are everyday pieces of
> machinery... Most people don't stare up at the average labor in awe (in

  Which is kinda neat. Gundam has the sorta backwards idea of mecha being
created 'out of nothing' as giant war machines, with no intermediate,
smaller stage. Hence people flee in terror/shock, etc.

> giant robots, but the attitude towrards them is almost indifferent for
> the most part.

  Which actually helps the _viewer_ take them more seriously too.

> And the designs totally rock! Especially for my personal favorite, the
> AV-O Peacemaker. The mecha designs for me rank right after Gundam,

  Gotta love the Brocken too... that thing looks so much like a Gerbera
Tetra (Minus the shoulder balloon thrusters) it's hilarious!

                                                        -Probe