Re: [gundam] [OT] Japanese IME with IE5

Paul Fields (johnny_raiden@hotmail.com)
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 15:14:05 -0500

Well, I can read it, but I'm using NJWin in the EUC-JIS mode, and thats a
pretty handy program to have when you're trying to read Chinese Japanese
or Korean. The Autodetecting Japanese didn't pick up your unicode I'm afraid
so you need to set it manually for EUC, but you might want to download it at

www.njstar.com to try it out. They have a 30 day demo you can get. Unicode
is
the style that allows you to use more characters embedded in your document
than
just the standard 255 characters we can print in most English software. They
typically
use two characters, such as the two squares most people see below to produce
sixty
or so thousand printable characters, like the Japanese Kanji, unfortunately
there are
more Kanji than unicode combinations.

Since most people don't have Japanese capable browsers, I have all the
Kanji, and
Katakana that I use on my website as Gifs so that people can see what the
characters
look like along side the English.

Paul

ニナ

can any of you guys read that? I think it wrote in katakan but I don't know
enought japanese to decipher the menus - I suppose its time to pull out the
japanese books I picked up at the campus bookstore...

PS I sent it as "unicode" whatever that means.

Matt "the voice of flawed logic" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"The more you know, the less you understand." - Tao te Ching