Re: [gundam] 08th Team episode11

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:33:36 -0700 (MST)

> > SPOILERS AHEAD!
> I guess I should have put this up in the first place. Thanks Probe.

  No problem!

> If there was a reason why he's deserting, I didn't quite catch it (Then

  Anime Angst?

> again, I'm the one who had no idea why Kou acted the way he did in entire
> episode 13). Also, while he does say he's deserting, he never specified
> where he's deserting to. I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish. I

  My bet is that he _means_ he's going to go AWOL, not deserting per se.

> mean, if he's trying to go after Apsaras III in damaged Ez-8 on foot,
> there's no way he can catch it in time. According to Fed simulation,
> Apsaras III can fly out to space by itself!

  Yeah, that doesn't make sense. But it doesn't matter. We all know he's
going to stop the monster MA with the power of LUUUV!
        "If you want this mobile armor"
        "First you gotta fight through my friends"
        "Gundam may go on forever"
        "But this is how side stories ends!

> > Run it by me again?
> In episode 9, Sanders was the one who was secretly ordered from top to
> keep an eye on Shiro. Maybe he lost a trust from the top, after he told
> Shiro about that.

  Hrrm... but I wonder how they found out he told Shiro in the first
place!

> > Just as long as Irresponsible Captain Shiro is one of them, I'm happy!
> Hey now, leave Shiro alone. He took a lot of flak after Apsaras II
> incident. He's been treated like a spy from everyone except his teammate.

  Well, he deserves it! Smooching with the enemy, being a voyuer during a
combat situation, making friends with funky criminals and village people,
letting his personal feelings get in the way of making an Asparas
Shishkabob, letting the Jion ship escape while mucking around with a Gouf,
man, this boy doesn't have a very good track record!
                                                                -Probe