Re: [gundam] Hobby Japan 5

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 21:01:46 -0800

Dept of Chemical and Biological Warfare (!) writes,

>GEX also has some line art for the upcoming Zaku I. Looks like its going to
>have a real two section cockpit hatch rather than a single hatch that folds
>downwards. And it may come with some kind of twin rocket grenade launcher.

  Nope, that's line art from episode 7 of 08th MS Team. You'll find
photos of the actual kit and its weapons selection in the issue's color pages.

>Also interesting is some line art of various marine MS like the zugock,
>hygog, aggai juagg and gog. Maybe they're considering these for the 1/144
>lineup?

  Yep, that seems to be the idea.

>The PG Zaku review looks good too. I like the skirt armor that breaks apart
>to allow more leg movement. But I never expected the internal frame to be so
>similar to the Gundam's.

  Uh-huh. Totally incorrect, but fun to play with. ;-)

>BTW there're photos of the TurnA gundam kit too. IMO it looks awful. I
>prefer some fanart interpretations to this.

  But the Flat and WaDom look cool...!

-- Mark