Re: [gundam] Gundam VS GMs Questions

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:10:00 -0700 (MST)

> Gundam RX-78 RGM-79
> Bazooka Standard Same?

  Looks to be exactly the same equipment.

> Shield Standard Inferior Material?

  I'd wager it's exactly the same kind of shield.

> Core Block Standard Not Avail

  The RGM has a more compact engine block in lieu of the Gundam's CF and
exterior fuel pods. This makes it _better_ in my opinion.

> 60 MM Vulcans Standard Same Gun, Less Ammo?

  I'd suspect _more_ ammo, simply because of the GM's head design.

> Learning Comp Standard Avail?

  No, I don't think the RGM needs this, since it's not a prototype.

> Beam Rifle Standard Cheaper, More Shots?

  Well, the Gundam's beam rifle I believe can also be carried by GMs, but
the GM's standard weapon is the smaller, but wider-bore "Beam Spray Gun".
We don't have much evidence here, but I suspect that the BSG is more like
a close-range shotgun weapon and pretty powerful, while the Gundam-rifle
is a longer ranged, narrower-blast type weapon.

> Backpack Standard Inferior, or
> Interchangeable

  They look exactly the same so I'll wager that they are the same.
  Don't forget Sensor Systems! This is where the GM _beats_ the gundam
significantly!

> I know many people don't buy into the GM as a mass produced
> Gundam, but I tend to think of the Gundam Mk II, and the RX-79
> Ground type from 08th MS as Mass Produced Gundams, and

  Right. In my opinion, a GM is a gundam with regular titanium armor
instead of lunar-titanium (cost), engine-block instead of core-block,
generally one saber, generally beam spray gun instead of beam rifle,
better sensors, and pretty much everything else the same!

                                                                -Probe