[gundam] [OT] Decals (was Re: Modeling Question)

Vince Leon (vleon@U.Arizona.EDU)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:22:05 -0700

With the kits I build, I first place a coat of gloss coat and I use "decal
set" instead of water, both of these items help the decal set to the model
which in turn give it a more realistic look. At these point you can then
use gloss or dull coat as a sealer. And if you want to make your own
logos, just buy some blank decal sheets (I heard that some are designed to
be used in laser printers) and make decals out of them.

Ways a decal can ruin a model
1) contrasting shine (glossy decal on a dull coated model)
2) air bubbles
3) not contouring to the model

maybe I should add a section on decals to my web page.
 http://www.dakotacom.net/~mecha

Vince Leon
University of Arizona

vleon@u.arizona.edu