Re: [gundam] [REVIEW] Mastergrade GM!

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:10:58 -0500

> It's feature is its tons of features! I dunno, there's just something
>really dynamic about GM models that Gundam models don't have. It's like,
>they've got less of the Samurai-schtick going so they seem more like
>robots and less like "Heroic God Soldiers", and that makes them kinda
>neat!

I agree wholeheartedly. (I think that's the biggest word I've used all week...
these damn classes are starting to affect my brain!

> Get the Gelgoog-Cannon BTW. You lose the shield and the rifle of the
>regular goog, but you gain a nice backpack with cannon, forearm shields,
>and this cool grenade launcher for the left arm!

I'll remember that when I make the order. BTW, I don't like that red/black color
scheme that the plastic is molded in for the Gelgoog Cannon... anyone have any
suggestions for what color Gundam marker would go good with black? I was
thinking maybe a metallic green or violet. (don't underestimate purple, it looks
REALLY good when applied correctly.) suggestions welcome please, I haven't made
the order.... yet.

>I'm pretty sure the Super
>Gundam comes with everything that the regular AEUG Gundam kit does. If you
>have an extra AEUG gundam, I'll buy it off of you, I want to make a
>Z-Gundam era styled GM too! (I'm going to try and make the head first
>though).

I unfortunately have no MK II Gundams. I almost bought one a few weeks ago but
my credit card was maxed out, so I couldn't. In a way I think that's a good
thing. If I had bought a MKII Gundam then the Super Gundam was released, well I
wouldn't be a "happy camper" if you get my drift.

>> geez crazy probe, you make me wanna buy two so's I can blow one up real good
>
> Hey! That's not very nice!

yeah I know, truthfully I probably wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it -
once I finish a model I'm too attached to it. If something happened to one of
'em I don't know what I'd do. Still, I was just trying to be true to the series.
(I haven't seen 08th MS team, so Idunno if there are any really good RGM79
pilots out there.) On a somewhat related note, I hope 08th MS team comes to the
US. that would be cool!

> You know, the funny thing is that it doesn't take THAT much effort to
>produce an extra tree of weapons, especially when alot of them are
>recycled or slightly modified from other kits! It's things like this that
>annoy me when some MG models (Like the Gp-01) only come with the most
>minimal weapons (They really should have given the -01 it's 0080 styled
>SMG).

Yeah I just finished up my GP01 and I'm kinda sore about its loadout. Heck, it
came with the same weapons the GP01Fb did... nothing special. sigh. Ah well, I
got enough spare 1/100 parts lying around anyways. (My cluster gundam is posing
with its two beam sabers not its guns, despite the fact that I inadvertently
glued the handles into place on its backpack. oops.)

> Does anyone know where the MG gundam stores its beam rifle?
>
> -Probe

I don't think it actually "stores" its rifle per se... he holds it until the
ammo runs out, then the gun gets the boot. By the way, I meant to ask - do you
guys keep your boxes after your done with the models? I've been stacking boxes
inside boxes and I'm just curious if you guys have any HUGE stacks of cardboard
with parts in 'em lying around somewhere?

Super Matt Hanyok 2 Turbo EX Plus Alpha Hyper Fighting Editon
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"I have my own little world, one that I escape too when things get too
complicated. Its an odd place, but I'm the only one who lives there, ever. It's
rather nice, actually."