Re: [gundam] Found New Turn A pics and a Rumor of Gundam kits in N. America

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 20:15:21 -0500

>Hey! I heard from a company that buys Bandai (and other kits) kits in Japan
>and distributes them to Comic + Hobby shops over here (North America) that
>Bandai is distributing their models themselves this fall with english manuals
>in North America.

I think this is both a good and bad thing. A lot of people have imported models
(like myself) and won't buy ones they already have, even if they don't know
japanese (like myself, again). However, it should make them a bit easier to
find. Unfortunately, I have the impression that the manuals will be somewhat
lacking in terms of information, like say, the MG kits booklets. I guess in the
long run it could mean much more Gundam stuff in the US and Canada, and in that
case I think everyone wins.

Matt "brain = slurpee" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"Nobody in here but us strange quotes!"