Re: [gundam] Viz 0079 series?

Michael Garner (msg@cgocable.net)
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:24:56 -0500

>I was just wondering if anyone had got issue 1 of the Viz 0079 series.
>
>I'm thinking of ordering it but would like to get some comments first. If
>the art is really up to Kazuhisa Kondo's usual standards it could be pretty
>good.

I bought a copy of this. The first four pages were painted, so they look
awesome. The rest of his technical drawings are good, but his characters
are a tad weaker. I picked up the comic the same day as I received the MS
Gundam movies, and it follows the first 30 minutes quite close. If you
really like a paper version, then go for it, however it's nothing new.

On slightly different note, I have just finish watching the last MSG movie.
It's the first time ever seeing it, and all I have to say is, WOW, that was
just too cool for words. My experiences up to now have been, 0080, 0083,
F91, Gundam W and X. Though the last two are not part of the main saga, by
far the original series is the best. To add to the excitement, I finally
completed my MG RX-78-2 for the final movie, so I had props to play with as
well (and reenact the finale of Char's and Amuro's duel with the RX-78
missing an arm and a head fighting a flying head from another kit. Wheee
:-P).