RE: [gundam] stop press

Doc (figureight@pacific.net.ph)
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 10:18:48 +0800

>I would like to nominate the following for the cutest female in Gundam
>however. AND I KNOW I'S GOING TO GET FLAK FOR DOING THIS...

>1) Berah Ronah/Cecily Fairchild. She's cool, ney, uber cool.
>2) Quess. It's that punky brewster look, I guess. Besides, cute brat is
>much easier to hate. :)

Weird as it may seem to some, I'm solid with you on these two.

Since we're talking about Gundam debunking a few robot cartoons trends,
another thing about Gundam is that it also pratically revamped the
stereotypical "damsel-in-distress".

All (well, most) of the women in Gundam have self-determination, drive,
creativity, and the power to influence events and people around them.
And the fact that they're self-willed doesn't diminish their femininity
a bit. Mirai, Chein, Saila, Cecily, even Quess--all icons in their own
right.

Now. About Relena in GW...

~DOC