RE: [gundam] 08th Team episode11

Kota Fujimura (fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 18:32:40 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Roderick Su wrote:

> > OK. Less start a Gundam Mailing List Pool: Who will die in
> > the end of 08th
> > MS Team? Here are your choices:
> >
> > 1) Shiro Amada. He has a death warrant on his head, as he
> > will die if he deserts.
>
> But he is the hero of the story... Cannot wack him inspite of his lack of
> fighting will.

Well, this can be the first...

> > 2) Aina Sahalin. Ghinias goes berzerk, and boom goes the Apsaras.
>
> Nah... same as #1

Actually, she has a lot higher chance of getting killed than Shiro. She's
on Apsaras III, the ultimate enemy mech, which will be whacked (besides,
you can't change history. Jaburo will be there until 0087) In addition,
she has a death wish, from the death of Norris.

> > 3) Ghinias. He's none too stable, that's for certain
>
> He has a deathwish ever since Yuri cancel the Apsaras project,

??? I don't think he does. He has a total confidence in Apsaras III.

> and got blow
> up for that trouble. And since Apsaras never saw action in Siege of
> Jubarow, we can safely assumed that it is gone for sure.

Agreed.

> > 4) Karen. Gets shot by Sanders
>
> Not quite likely.

Oh, I don't know about that. She's the one with the biggest trouble in
this episode, plus as seen in episode 9, she's not afraid to die
(afterall, her husband is dead.) She seems to be little out of it since
episode 9...

> > 5) Sanders. Gets shot by Karen for defending Shiro
>
> Sanders has a good shot of getting killed for the removal of his curse.

maybe.

> > 6) Eledore... Why?
>
> Isn't he still @ the hospital?

Nope, he came out of hospital on episode 9. Even saved Karen's life on
that episode. But he probably isn't major enough.

> > 7) Mikhail/Michael. Why?
>
> Not big enough of a character

As sad as it sounds, that's probably true.

> > 8) Kiki. Suicide? I dunno.
>
> No where near the Zeon base.

Hey, she can pop out of nowhere! ...No.

> > Choose your characters. I say It's probably Aina and Karen..
> > Makes for a
> > good tragic story, and keeps consistant with the fact that
> > Gundam Pilots
> > love interest always drop like flies in the end.

My vote is on Ghinius and Karen.

Kota