Re: [gundam] More MG news

Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:45:24 -0500

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Mark Simmons wrote:
> You bet! In the classic MSV books, the Guncannon's shell-firing cannons
> are said to be one of its major drawbacks, due to the massive recoil. In

REALLY?! Yeah I remember the recoil-jump move now. That doesn't make
sense at all! I mean recoil-less guns and cannons are all over the place
now. Little third world countries can make a decent recoil-less cannon in
the 90's, no? Very surprising that the team that designed RX-78-2 would
overlook such a obvious design problem.

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Y. Choe wrote:
> Question. How useful is the Guncannon is Space Really?!? After all,
> the extreme recoil would making piloting the damn thing really REALLY
> hard you know.

Yeah! Excellent question! In fact, even recoil-less guns would be useless
in space, since "recoil-less" (as I understand it) is not real
recoil-less, just spreading the recoil momentum over a longer period of
time. That trick doesn't work in space.

Sounds like Mark and Y. Choe just dug up 2 more (minor?) problems with MS
mechanics/physics.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O * Man is a bubble