Re: [gundam] More MG stuff (was: ...and next MG is... and More MG news)

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:23:34 -0700 (MST)

> > Yep. What it basically used was a 0080 GM-G 90mm SMG with paint-rounds,
> >and yes, it would have been extreemely cool if that gun was included with
> >the GP-01 OR the GM kit (The fact that it wasn't really bugs me, they
> >could have even given it the 0080 90mm rifle!)
> damn nice gun.

  Yeah, it has a nice, compact, "Future-UZI" kinda feel to it, a good
bullpup MG design. It's kinda neat that it's still around in 0083, albeit
no longer a main-gun design.
  You know, considering how long weapons last in the military (Colt
pistol, sidewinder missile, Vulcan-cannon), isn't it kind of strange how
quickly armaments in Gundam change? Considering how complex it is to
design a modern military-usuable firearm, it's hard for me to envision the
Fed creating a new machine-gun weapon during the last few months of the
war for specialized use, and then obsolete this weapon just _three_ years
later!

> > So where's the cockpit supposed to be? I sure hope they do something
> >about it's butt-ugly legs, chest, face, arms and head!
> so uh... I guess its feet and hands are okay? ack dude, that was pretty rough!

  It's pretty damn ugly!
  Still, after the design has been cleaned up a bit and 'anime-ized' it
might be more palatable. The moustache has GOT to go, or there better be a
darn good reason for it being there in the first place!
                                                                -Probe