Re: [gundam] More MG news

Kota Fujimura (fujimura+@MAIL1.ANDREW.CMU.EDU)
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:40:34 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:57:38 -0700 (MST) Prabal Nandy
<nandy@U.Arizona.EDU> wrote:

> > > 1/144 Turn A Gundam April Y500
> > I hear this kit appeared in Tokyo Hobby Show... as well as the trailer for
> > the first episode.
>
> Any news on what the Trailer was like?

I hear it was pretty good.

> > Comes with beam sabers (stored in the shoulder), shield, rifle.
>
> Beam sabers in the shoulders? Kinda like the Wing-Gundam-Zero?

Not really. It's more like behind the shoulders, instead of in the
shoulders.

> > > price, and it includes soem sort of secret weapon hidden behind opening
> > > chest panels.
> > I also heard this is actually a missle launcher...
>
> A "secret missile launcher"? Can anyone say: "GI Joe!"?
> So where's the cockpit supposed to be?

It's in the crotch (oh dear) I'm not sure if you can identify it, but
there's a transparent area in the crotch. That's the cockpit. The
entire cockpit is supposed to be a sphere enbedded in the waist or
soemthing like that... The controller covers half of pilot's arm, BTW

> I sure hope they do something
> about it's butt-ugly legs, chest, face, arms and head!

Actually, the model looks a lot better from what I heard. It looks a
lot more MS like. The shoulder armor works kinda like PG Gundam. The
inner structure can push the armor up when it moves.

Speaking of PG, Gundam Perfect web has detailed pictures of PG Zaku-II.
Go check it out.

> I also heard that this kit was supposed to have all sorts of opening
> panels and stuff on it. Not bad for a Dragonar-ripoff design.

There are also fins that looks like a radiator covering the back of the
leg from thigh to the bottom of the feet. Hmm...

> Any pictures of the kits out on the net yet?

I don't think so, but when I find out about it, I'll let you know!