[gundam] 1/100.. The death of a scale?

GTGokouX@aol.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:01:46 EST

::comes out of lurker mode::

        Okay.. Now can someone tell me WHY the classic kits coming out deserve 1/144
and not 1/100? Why not both? What is happening to 1/100? Is it dying? I mean,
no 8thMST 1/100 and now the classics will be 1/144 too! I'm sorry, but this
pisses me off. I was "weened" on the newer Gundams.. Wing and X. When I got
into modeling I purchased 1/144 Wing and X's.. And was turned off by the
quality. So I went to 1/100 and loved them ( except for the Gay-Falcon and
Wing Zero, which I hate. ) So to keep everything on scale, so I can make some
nice action poses, I stuck with 1/100 and said to hell with 1/144s.. Now it's
like their killing off the whole scale!? Except for the MGs which are all just
crappy variants now a days anyway.. I don't know about alot of you veteran
modelers who have alotta 1/144's, but I want to see some damn upscaling!
Bandai makes me mad by putting out variants instead of well deserving MS (
give me the Hyaku-Shiki, Rick Diaz, ReGZ Custom, NT1 Alex, Kampher, damn the
list can just go on! ) and now they piss me off further by practically killing
off the 1/100 scale.. ::sigh:: Maybe it's time I move on to other types of
models, being that the only thing Bandai can manage to do with the Gundam line
now.. Is screw up.

::goes back into lurker mode, after letting the anger out::

        ~Gokou