Re: [gundam] stop press

Richie Ramos (gaijin@i-manila.com.ph)
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:56:50 +0800

> geraldk wrote: hey i know to u guysit may mean nothing ...but as a
>person living in singaporeits wonderful that something like this can happen
>here in singapore. They are showing "wing gundam"... i was so shock ... the
>first episode is on channel 8 this coming saturday at 1pm... woah wat a
>leap for gundam anime here ...*gasp* the first episode is 30 mins long....
>probably dubbed in chinese ... chill
> A channel is showing Gundam Wing every Monday to Friday 4:30-5:00 pm and
>it's on it's second run now, but the problem is they changed the mobile
>suit names and characters, like the Epyon becoming the Avian, Sandrock
>Gundam becoming Gundam The Desert, Treize Khushrenada becoming Treize
>Coslander or something...I think Richie will agree...

        Yeah, it was so bad I couldn't stop from laughing! imagine, peacecraft
became fitzkurk, and well, you've heard from my fellow filipino. I have to
admit though, that the translation, aside from the name changes are
actually fairly decent. at least they didin't try to give it Filipino
names for the Cities, etc., which has happened in other shows like
Sailormoon.

"Magic is the hand of faith..."

Richard Ramos
Svengali, Artificer and Spellcrafter