Re: [gundam] ...and next MG is...!

Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:55:23 -0500

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Mark Simmons wrote:
> All I can say is that I've always wanted an MG Zaku I, and I'm glad
> Bandai's doing one. And yes, it's less trouble than doing any more GMs, in

Well to each his own, if you like it than all power to your money. But
there are people who just compulsively buy up anything that they pump out.
Look at the Hello Kitty junks, if the fans are indiscriminate with their
money, then why should the designer and manufacturer innovate?

Remember according to Capitalism/Darwinism, progress is driven not by
success but by failures (or at least fear of failures). Infinite Zaku and
Gelgoog variations is not a formula for artistic excellence, but a formula
for financial survival. And if it keeps working for Bandai, we will NEVER
EVER see the Dom.

> P.S. What gets me is the PG Zaku. Katoki did a great job reworking the
> Gundam, but the PG Zaku is just the MG version writ large; all they did was
> correct the cockpit and fix the machine gun. Ah well, saves me $200...!

That's why I really respect your opinions, you KNOW what you like.

Also don't forget that for a paltry 800 Yens, you can get a pretty decent
direct scale-down of the MG Zaku in the 1/144 08MST Zaku. So: I guess
there's no mobility in the waist and the wrists of PG Zaku? I've always
thought that waist and wrists are key to striking some really cool poses.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble