Re: [OT] Zoid (was Re: [gundam] **1:48** Gundam Mk.II!)

Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:10:30 +0000

In message <Pine.SOL.3.96L.990319055900.1407A-
100000@unix4.andrew.cmu.edu>, Kota Fujimura <fujimura@andrew.cmu.edu>
writes

        (sorry, this is a bit late in replying - was busy buying up
Gundam tapes and watching Gundam Wing - "You can trust me. After all,
I'm a Gundam pilot... " - at a UK anime con... )

>On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Justin Palmer wrote:
>
>> How about this? Maybe Bandai should introduce a Zoids like
>> Gundam kit line? (Tomy did something like this with Z-Knights). Wind Up
>> Gundam, anyone? ^_^
>
>OH MY GOD! SOMEONE REMEMBERS ZOID!

        <ow... I'm deaf... ^_^> How could I ever forget? ^_^

>Sorry for the shouting, but I used to love ZOID, after I got Iron Kong
>for Christmas when I was 3rd Grade. Ah, my dear old pals, Ultrasaurus,
>Bear Fighter, Iron Kong...
(snip)

        I always wanted the Godzilla Zoid - known as Zoidzilla in the
UK! A good Zoid website can be found at: http://www.tiac.net/users/zoids
, which has some pictures from the Zoids artbooks!

>This toy/model, if you never seen it, was a modeller's dream come true.
>While it kept the appearance of the model of animal/dinosaur armed to the
>teeth, it also moved with cool gimmicks, either by eletric motor or wind
>ups.

        Plus, quite a few parts were interchangeable! can you imagine a
Zoid - like Zaku with the arms from say, a GP-02a? ^_^ Z-Knights had a
couple of designs that could have walked off a Gundam series, and used
similar technology to Zoids, so it can be done!

(snip)
> Tomy used to publish a book called "Zoid
>History" every year, which told the story with diolamas, and kitbashes.

(snip)
We were born to be free. |justin@briareos.demon.co.uk|
We make our own destiny. |Lyrics from Urusei Yatsura |
We'll live and love as we please. |Movie 3: Remember my Love |
Because we were born to be free! |"Darling!" |