RE: [gundam] From whose point of view....

ChangeMe (changeme@ucla.edu)
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:28:40 -0800

> An MS mechanic?
> -->Now if only them aces knew how hard these damn machines are to patch
> up!

Dammit Amuro! I'm a mechanic, not a magician!

> A GM pilot?
> -->So how does it feel fighting in a war where only Gundam pilots get
> the credit?

That'd be interesting, and unfortunately, wasn't what 08th MS Team cracked
up to be (but was somewhat hyped up to be).

> A Doctor in the Flanagan Agency?
> -->Just when you were getting fond of them newtypes, you send them off
> in a twenty meter high, man-shaped, metal coffin...

Or in a Artificial NewType Labs? Can you imagine all the pain and anguish
in that Drama? A backdrop to Four's Own OAV perhas?

> A mother who has lovingly watched her three sons grow up, join the UNT
> Spacy, and die one after the other while fighting for the Federation...?
> -->Whoah, shades of Private Ryan there... and Legends of the Fall too...

"Sir, the three GMs that blew up by themselves... They were all piloted by
three brothers, and their mother saw the event happen on ColNews Live..."

"Where's the fourth brother?"

"There is no fourth brother sir."

"Dam crappy GMS!"

> A young history student who spends one summer taking care of his
> grandfather, a retired washed-up Zeon ace who's still living in the
> past?
> -->Just imagine the potential philosphical debates in that one...

Hmm. Wasn't that what Kelly Layzner was to a point? And there is that
Oldsmobile Army Deal.

> And my favorite:
>
> The collected diaries of the Zavi children's nurse.
> -->Filled with flashbacks on little Dozul, Giren, Krishiria, and Garma.
> Plus juicy trivia like how Krishiria had almost killed Giren for hogging
> all the lollipops brought by papa Degin from earth... which culminated
> in that fated gunshot to Giren's head.

That mebby interesting. How's the following:

Captain of a Federation Warship, to boldly go to their eventual destruction
at the hands of Char Azanable.

The fateful tale of all the clones of El Ple, or those that survived.

The tale of NT Dolphins.

Tale of two Lunarian Cities, or two colonies.

Or better yet, from the MS AI system, provided there is one. What would the
AI think? Would it think that the war is right? Or would it just sing
"daisies, daisies..."

To another topic, I'd nominate the following for the oskar categoriges:

Best Actor:
  Amuro Rey
  Bernard Wiseman
  Char
  Seabrook
  Gato (hey, being a one dimensional cardboard is very VERY hard!)

Best Actress:
  Four Murasame
  Lara Sun
  Fa Yuri
  Chien Agi
  Christina McKenzie

Best Supporting Actor:
  Hayato Kobayashi
  Bright Noah
  Haro
  ...Can't think much here, same for Best Supporting Actress...

Will Shakespear be in love come UC era? No one knows, like how no one gives
a hoot about the center of tootsie pop.