Re: [gundam] Oscars in the UC universe

Operator7g - Michael Ip (zugok@gundam.com)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 00:23:59 +1200

Doc wrote:

> 2. Shortest term as a Gundam Pilot in a feature film:
>
> Keyra Su, in the ReGZ

well there's not a lot to compare is there...but I do think Chein lasted an
even shorter time, that's it she qualifies as a pilot.

> 4. Most dramatic foreshadowing in a television episode:
>
> Char's wrecked Hiyaki Shiki floating at the end of Z Gundam

I still think it jitters across the screen, the PSX version is much more
dramatic than the TV series.

> 7. Most realistic portrayal of the tragedy of Mobile suit warfare:
>
> The scene in F91 where an innocent mother dies instantly when
> she's hit on the head by an shell casing jettisoned from an F71
> autocannon.

my god, i know people that *laugh* at that scene, just as they'd laugh
through 'Grave of Fireflies' *sniff*

> 9. Best supporting role in the Gundam universe:
>
> Bright Noah as the eternal captain

Bright! My main man!

> Those are my votes anyway. Toss in a couple of your own votes and
> categories....

hmm, you make it kinda specific to TV series vs feature films. Some of those
results might different if the distinction was not made.

--
yeah yeah, my spelling sucks, so what?

Michael Ip reika@clear.net.nz http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Gulf/8013/