Re: [gundam] Gundam Tabletop Game

Der UberHanyok (mhanyo1@umbc.edu)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 15:04:44 -0500

>To mark the 20th Anniversary of Gundam, I'm planning to do something really
>cool with my mecha fandom site (http://skane.simplenet.com, shameless
plug),
>and I decided to write up some rules for a tabletop wargame set in the
Gundam
>universe. Anyways, the reason I'm writing this is to hopefully get some
>feedback on my proposed game plan (which I'll eventually post to the list,
>assuming that's okay), so for the role-players/wargamers, here's my planned
>outline:

I read this first paragraph and I was like, "how cool!" I used to play
battletech on occasion with friends (I've still got a bunch of little pewter
mechs in my closet I think) and thought it was neat, but now I've got gundam
models I can play with. heheheh.

>Over All Game
> The game I'm designing is a relatively modifiable mecha tabletop game.
Game
>play takes place on a hex map, between units of 5-20 Mobile Suits )as well
as
>stuff like Core Fighters, Transport Ships, and other vehicles). My main
>philosophy for the game is "simple" I get tired of having to spend more
time
>doing paperwork rather than playing the game.

<SNIP>

I'm already looking forward to seeing finalized rules/regs/whatever for it,
and from what I read it sounded like you had a solid system already laid
out. More power to ya.

>I'll be making periodic posts on the situation of the game, thanks for
>reading.
>
>Khyro

I personally am looking forward to reading more about. (BTW I bookmarked
your page - very cool.)

Matt "brain = slurpee" Hanyok
mhanyo1@umbc.edu
"Nobody in here but us strange quotes!"