Re: [OT] Zoid (was Re: [gundam] **1:48** Gundam Mk.II!)

Prabal Nandy (nandy@U.Arizona.EDU)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:32:26 -0700 (MST)

> This toy/model, if you never seen it, was a modeller's dream come true.
> While it kept the appearance of the model of animal/dinosaur armed to the
> teeth, it also moved with cool gimmicks, either by eletric motor or wind
> ups. I've seen some diolamas/heavy modifications done to this series, and
> least to say, it was amazing. Tomy used to publish a book called "Zoid
> History" every year, which told the story with diolamas, and kitbashes.

  And don't forget that there were three or four 'waves' of Zoid toys that
came through the US and Japan, each wave more sophisticated and cooler
than the last! The last wave came through about 5 years ago and was called
"Technozoids" and had some really neat little robots, including a way cool
scorpion, alligator, iguana, brontosaurus and others.

  A pity they never tried to do something more humaniform, but on the
other hand, it means we got some really kick-butt robo-animals, which are
just too cool!

  Speaking of animals and robots and Gundam-Sentinel, has anyone seen the
_new Japanese line of beast wars toys?

  There is a transforming giraffe called "Longrack" and in his robot mode
I think you'll see alot of the components of one of our favorite gundam
robots! Take a look at the chest, head, arms/shoulders, legs, and the feet
should be a dead giveaway!
                                                                -Probe