Re: [gundam] Happy 99

-Z- (Z@gundam.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:30:14 -0800

At 15:16 3/18/99 -0600, you wrote:
>let me get this straight. . . you have to save the .exe and run it to be
>infected? or can you be infected by just opening the email?

You have to execute the program to perpetuate the cycle. Merely opening
the message will not execute the program, unless you've got some weird
option on your e-mail client to autolaunch attachments.

(This was the problem with early macros viruses, because the targeted
programs like Word and Excel had a feature to run macros automatically when
the document was opened. You don't see that much any more, though.)

To paraphrase Blue Destiny, "Yuu (Are) The Villain!"

-Z-