Re: [gundam] Lost In The Translation

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 11:44:25 -0500

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Scott DiBerardino wrote:
> I've always been partial to "transliteration" and "translation". In my mind,

Yes, that's the word! Thanks.

> Deadline, I was rather pleased with it. If the dialogue often sounds cheesy
> in Gundam and other anime, that's because it often IS. When it comes down to
> it, Gundam is a toy-selling show with soap opera aspirations, and with the

Yes, thanks for saying that. The ideas are grand, the execution is nice,
but the dialogue writing is not great. But then not that many anime has
good dialogue to start with. It's just not a medium that demand very
sharp writing.

CHIN, Chien Ting
... o O *
Man is a bubble