[gundam] Goodbye "Iron Cross"?

Mark Simmons (scorpio@best.com)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 13:43:41 -0800

Hey folks,

  You'll recall that those rumors about "Gundam Iron Cross" originated from
the Dark Horizons Web site. Maybe that's where the Internet Movie Database
got its info from; I wouldn't know.

  Well, Dark Horizons recently (early March) posted a breathless item
regarding G-Savior, "the proposed American-made series based on the almost
legendary Japanese anime," which indicates that _they_ think it's the same
thing as the "Iron Cross" series they were babbling about a year ago (see
<http://www.darkhorizons.com/news5/99-032.htm>). Apparently oblivious to
the fact that clips from the trailer were posted last summer or that the
entire 5-minute promo was played at last summer's Comic-Con, they write "No
word on when we'll get to see the teaser, or learn of the current status of
the show."

  So yeah, I don't think these guys are highly clueful.

  Anyway, the pretext for this item was that an outfit called Digital Muse
<http://www.dmuse.com/> claims credit for rendering the promo video. You'll
find a couple of stills on their site under Projects:Special Projects, but
it's the same stuff posted on the Sunrise site last year.

-- Mark