Re: [gundam] [OT] Resin-cast kit questions......

Chris Beilby (cbeilby@earthlink.net)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:36:46 -0800

Flamehed01@aol.com wrote:

> I have my eye on the Macross YF-21 kit made by Kaiyado, but I have questions
> about it, since it is a resin-cast kit, and I've never constructed one before.
> Do you need to paint resin-cast kits?

Yes

> Is there glueing involved?

Yes.

> And, if you have any tips on the subject, could you please add them to the
> awnsers? Thanks ahead!!!

Look at back issues of Protoculture Addicts, Mecha Press, and V-max. There are
often tips on Resin kits in them. Also, be prepared to fill bubbles with contour
putty, as the casting process leaves a lot of bubbles in the surface of the model
if it's not done right...